Winged Liner 4 Ways
Winged Liner Using 4 Different Types of Eyeliner
Winged liner is one of the most original makeup trends that has been around for decades! It can still be a struggle for many, but PRACTICE and PATIENCE is key! It took years for me to get the perfect wing, and yes I did start out with the “pulling the eyelid” technique. I’m going to show you how to create a simple winged liner using the 4 most popular eyeliner products! Here is a basic step-by-step tutorial, as well as some tips and tricks that are hopefully helpful to you!
- Always have a makeup wipe handy!!!
- Use a piece of tape, a business card, or a folded tissue (as shown in the video), if you can’t get the wing straight.
- Practice with all 4 products and see which works best for you.
Products Used (hardest to easiest):
- Liquid Eyeliner: L’Oreal Liquid Lineur
- Felt-Tip Eyeliner: Eyeko Fat Eyeliner
- Gel Eyeliner: Sigma Gel Eyeliner in “Wicked” and the Sigma Eyeliner Brush
- Eyeshadow: Sigma Smoke Screen Eyeshadow Palette (black eyeshadow from palette) and the Sigma Eyeshadow Shading Brush
Some historical fun facts about the winged-liner trend:
- It used to actually be called a “cat-eye”.
- Even Cleopatra rocked a winged liner. Holy smokes! Her reign was from 51 B.C. to 30 B.C.
- The winged-liner trend started back up in the 1920’s.
- This beauty trend hit the Bollywood scene in the 1960’s. Sharmila Tagore was one of many Bollywood actresses who was known for rocking the winged liner look!
Check out my full video tutorial now live on my YouTube Channel on how I create the “perfect” wing!